Since 2010 FWA’s President, Chris DeLarme, has been involved in adult education through a number of community venues. DeLarme teaches a variety of courses geared toward the 50 plus age group. Mr. DeLarme has a fiduciary duty to act in the clients best interest. Below is a list of classes and their details.
On Site Workshops - By Reservation Only (Limited Seating)
40W222 La Fox Road, Suite F1, St. Charles IL 60175
Social Security Benefits
- Thursday, June 20th – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = SS620)
- Tuesday, June 25h – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = SS625)
Taxes in Retirement
- Tuesday, July 16th – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = TR716)
- Thursday, July 18th – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = TR718)
Saving for College
- Thursday, August 15th – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = SC815)
- Tuesday, August 20th – 6:30PM (Reservation Code = SC820)
City of Geneva (City Employees Only)
22 S 1st Street - City Hall - 10:00-11:00AMMarch 14, 2019 – Taxes in Retirement
May 14, 2019 – Saving for College
July 24, 2019 – Proactive vs. Reactive Investing
September 18, 2019 – Building a Cash Flow Report
November 14, 2019 – Transitioning into Retirement
January 30, 2020 – Social Security Benefits
Pottawatomie Communicty Center
8 North Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174 - 6:30PMTBA
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb Campus - Graham Hall - Classroom #334 - 6:30PMTBA
Sugar Grove Public Library
125 S. Municipal Drive, Sugar Grove, IL 60554 - 6:30PMTBA
For many Social Security is a big mystery! Not any more.
This class address the most common questions that arise when doing retirement and social security planning. Get answers to questions like:
– Should I take social security early and what does it cost me if I do?
– Should I defer taking social secuiryt benefits and why?
– What happens to my benefits if I work while collecting social security?
– How do I calculate my social security benefits?
Social Security is a Government entitlement program that you’ve participated in for years and you owe it to yourself to know how to maximize what you are entitled to receive and more importantly, how it impacts your retirement plans.
Long-term care may vary well be the biggest obstacle pre-retirees and retirees face. Be prepared for what lies ahead.
This course teaches boomers and their parents the obscure details about long-term care. In this course we answer common questions like:
– What is long-term care?
– What are the chances I’ll need it?
– What does it cost?
– How can I pay for it?
Also learn what government assistance exists for this type of care and if any tax advantages exist.
Concerned you don’t have the answers to important questions for your retirment? You should be because there is no doubt that the burden of retirement planning has shifted from employers to employees. Rare are the days now, where one will work at a single company for 30 years and retire with a pension. Well, you can get the answers here.
This course teaches the ABC’s of Conservative Planning. Touching on many important topics like:
– Understanding the developement of risk in the markets
– Develop an income plan for your retirement
– Know what questions to ask a potential advisor
– Know your risk tolerence
– Develop your retirement budget
40W222 La Fox Road
St. Charles, IL 60175
2021 First Wealth Advisory, Inc.